- Tanmayo Boyd: lead vocals
- Bodhianand: lead male vocals
- Asima David, Anuradha, Kiri Iriwata, Anant Jesse, Punam, Jaggy Singh and Varsha Kumar: vocals
- Chinmaya Dunster: guitars, programming
- Kavi Hockaday : electric guitar
- Basant Madhur: tabla
- Prabodh Senger: bass
- Avinash Jagtap: violin
- Bikram Singh: bansuri flute
- Kalyan Mitto: cello
- (Released 2005 - Malimba Records)
Yoga means union. Yoga Spirit is a musical invitation to merge with the divine harmony of existence. Akasha’s drums and soft grooves will support your yoga practice by connecting you to the sacred Earth, while soaring Sanskrit chants, bamboo flute and Indian violin will help you to reach high into the inner sky.
"Yoga Spirit by Akasha is an album of timeless mantras, presented in arrangements that meld Eastern instrumentation with Western influences.
The vocals are low pitched with a hushed serenity about them, a little on the order of those of Deva Premal only with more of a whispery quality.
The background instrumentation centers around guitar, with a little sarangi and bansuri flute woven into the mix in spots.The gentle rhythmic nature of the music makes it ideal for activities like yoga (as the name implies), where light movement is performed.
Although, it’s worth mentioning that this would also be perfect for someone looking for a little rest and relaxation, with a spiritual edge."
Music Design In Review